Online Video Course: Finding Meaning and Purpose in the Workplace Using Science
This video-based one-hour course will first evaluate the current sense of meaning and purpose among participants using a science-based questionnaire developed by Dr. Gleb Tsipursky. Next, it will provide an overview of the science on meaning and purpose, and how it applies in the workplace. It will then offer specific strategies to cultivate a rich sense of meaning and purpose in their workplace.
Research shows that a workplace that cultivates a sense of meaning and purpose benefits both employees and employers. Employees who experience a greater sense of meaning and purpose in their work context enjoy better health and well-being. They have a significant decrease in physical ailments including catastrophic ones such as strokes and heart attacks, and a lower incidence of mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety. Consequently, they take many fewer sick days and have higher work capacity. As a result, employee work performance improves, and there is significantly less employee turnover.
Additionally, employees working with a sense of purpose experience a greater integration into their individual teams as well as the culture of the organization. Thus, employees show better teamwork, reduced team conflict, improved team communication, as well as becoming better organizational citizens and aligning with the higher-level goals of the organization.
• How one can evaluate one’s current sense of meaning and purpose in their work
• The science of meaning and purpose
• The application of the science of meaning and purpose to the workplace
• How well-known and high-performing companies develop a meaningful workplace
• What are specific strategies that individual employees can use to cultivate a rich sense of meaning and purpose in their workplace
• How teams within an organization can create an environment conducive to building a rich sense of meaning and purpose
• How an organization can institute a sense of meaning and purpose throughout its organizational culture
• How to more effectively coach executives on corporate culture
• How to promote a more positive organizational culture
• How to improve employee involvement strategies through meaning and purpose as a non-monetary reward
A version of this course for a 1-hour continuing education credit certification is available at this link for the following professionals:
Human Resources Professionals (HRCI, SHRM, AHRI, CHRP, CHRL, CHRE)
Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
Life Coaches and Conflict Coaches (ICF)
Here is the first part of the course:
You can get the rest for a pay-what-you-want fee at this link.
Let us know your thoughts about this video course in comments on videos and/or this blog!
Want to make sure I keep writing? Support me on Patreon!
Bio: Dr. Gleb Tsipursky is an author, speaker, consultant, coach, scholar, and social entrepreneur specializing in science-based strategies for effective decision-making, goal achievement, emotional and social intelligence, meaning and purpose, and altruism — for more information or to hire him, see his website, GlebTsipursky.com.
He runs a nonprofit that helps people use science-based strategies to make effective decisions and reach their goals, so as to build an altruistic and flourishing world, Intentional Insights. He also serves as a tenure-track professor at Ohio State in the History of Behavioral Science and the Decision Sciences Collaborative. A best-selling author, he wrote Find Your Purpose Using Science among other books, and regular contributes to prominent venues, such as Time, The Conversation, Salon, The Huffington Post, and elsewhere. He appears regularly on network TV, such as affiliates of ABC and Fox, radio stations such as NPR and Sunny 95, and elsewhere.
Follow Gleb Tsipursky on Twitter: www.twitter.com/gleb_tsipursky